Monday, 18 April 2011

I LOVE MY 'LUCY' BAG



It's not Louis Vuitton, Lulu Guiness, Prada, Gucci or even Mulberry

It's a humble hand-crochet bag...

MADE BY

ME!


I taught myself to crochet last summer
I started this bag you can read all about here


The actual bag was finished within weeks of me starting

But oh dear...
Everytime I went to sew on the handles and flowers I couldn't find the darning needle...


For months it's been on my mind to complete and guess what?
It's taken me all of 1 little hour all to myself
to complete it yesterday

YAY!

I LOVE my 'Lucy' Bag
It's great for storing all my crochet yarns...


And works in progress...


P.S.
Many thanks to my lovely blogging friends
Anne,& Vanessa who both really encouraged me along the way...
And of course Lucy of Attic 24
who has so generously shared her 'Lucy' bag pattern here

16 comments:

  1. Aw, this is just the sweetest thing!! Well done, it's absolutely gorgeous. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, your bag is very nice! Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it1 i have n=mine half finished but I had probs and not so sure of the colour combo and I think I need to unravel it so there it lays in the bag. A bag in the bag! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! Love the colours you've used! I have lots of WIPS! Must try and and finish some next week! This week I'm in the garden, making the most of the lovely weather!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute bag!! I love the little flowers you added.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's lovely! I might just want to make one myself...congrats on completing the beauty!
    Warm hugs dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have wanted to make one of those for ages - yours is gorgeous Julie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. great work Julie, I love it! The colours are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Lucy bag too! Clever clogs. The colours make me feel all warm inside:) Meredy xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your Lucy bag and am so glad you found that darning needle. If it's any consolation, I lose my needles all the time. Thanks for sharing the pattern. I learned to crochet when I visited Emily in January. I think I'll have to give this a go. Be well
    puss och kram xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much nicer than GucciPradaMulberry! It`s made by YOU, Julie and therefore it`s BEAUTIFUL! Not bad for a `beginner` too. Loving the colours. My `Lucy Bag` is on my Ravelry page - I lined it with a cut-up pair of my niece`s jeans and kept the pocket in them for my mobile!

    Lots of Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Underbar!!!

    Now I now what to ask my lovely daughter to make to me next. Now she is making a blanket by "mormorsrutor" for me.

    Glad Påsk!!

    And after the break I think its time to have a fika again :)

    Kram Cia

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a good job, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie, it's really beautiful. Love the colours and flowers. There is nothing betterthan a crochet bag to hold all your yarns xox

    ReplyDelete