Saturday, 18 September 2010

AT MY HOUSE...


Today...


I LOVE...
 the taste of  my home-made blackcurrant jam on bread 



Contemplating and savouring the PEACE



The first roaring fire of this autumn/winter
made by Little J this morning...



We will snuggle in front of the warming fire
and
 enJOY!


What will you do?

At my house... 

Wherever you are, Whatever you do

LOVE, PEACE, enJOY!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, how beautiful! I had to smile as I was just munching on my own bread and jam....but not homemade! thinking about lighting a fire today too. Autumn is definitely here and I love it! How long are you in London for? Lots of love, chick, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jam looks good, as does the fire. I had to switch our central heating on yesterday - the little people were refusing to get out of bed until it was warmer!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fireplace....what a bliss spot and with Jam and Bread, does it get any better than that! yes with your music in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a roaring fire, is there, to welcome the colder weather?

    I like kicking along the fallen leaves with my children on our journey to and fromschool.

    Oooh, and hot buttered toast by the fire is my favourite thing to do as a family with the colder weather. Mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, fresh baked bread and jam, sitting by the fire? Yes please!

    Happy Weekend, Julie.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home made jam looks gorgeous!
    Im so jealous of your open fire...sitting by them always makes me sleepy...lol

    Today in our house is PJ's all day..playing on the Wii..We did have the sun out thi morning..but now its all clouded and dark and the heating will be coming on later im sure!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend Hugs Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roaring fire looks delightful. Weather here in Texas, is currently still way too warm for a fire. :( I sort of wish my day was spent in front of a glowing fire, with a cup of tea and your home-made jam on toast. We were unusually busy today with daughter's soccer game and then off to a local scrapbooking convention. I've never been to one of those before...exhausting. Up and down the aisles looking at all the latest papers and embellishments. All the while, I was wishing I was wandering around a thrift shop, instead! ;)
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah Julie, now I see why you left the comment you did on my blog.... hello kindred spirit!!!

    I'm always touched when I find another who holds the views about 'HOME' that I do. In fact, your blog brings a tear to my eye because it is so much in line with what I feel for 'HOME'. Truly.

    That Irish blessing up there at the top is so gorgeous.... I have its brother/sister on my fridge!

    'May the road rise to meet you,
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    The rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of his hand.'

    And that song 'Release Me', playing over there in your sidebar is just utterly divine. I'm going to post it as my Monday Music with a link back to you.... it's absolutely stunning.

    Have added you to my blogroll.... how could I not! And, those scrabble words..... love them.

    Happy sigh.... so very marvellous to *meet* you.

    Linda. xox :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay Julie, could harp on and on about what a lovely...no....gorgeous, scrummy post this is, but I could be here all day! A lovely smile has crept on my face...thankyou my lovely! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post Julie. Your day isn't dissimilar to mine - homemade jam and a real fire - doesn't get better does it?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Growing up every Christmas my Mom would eat Lutefisk and when we would fall asleep my Dad would slip a little piece in our mouth...My sister and I would get so mad at him. I may need therapy from such tricks, haha! It truly is gross stuff I'm so glad you have never been subjected to it! Don't make your brake from blogland to long for you will be surely missed by all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Julie!
    That was a Gorgoeous post...however am now craving some homemeade bread!!!I also have fireplace envy now too!!! Thanks for sharing the prettiness!!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to start lighting our fire again....something really lovely about closing the curtains on the dark, switching the side lights on and sitting by the log burner. Just found your blog through Chez Sophie, am now a follower, so will visit you again....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy that jam. It's so great you are building fires because it's still 90 degrees here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just found you via Coco Rose! Your blog is so lovely! Homemade jam and a roaring fire sounds perfect to me!
    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete