Tuesday, 22 February 2011

TODAY I...

TODAY I... am joining in with a Thrifty Mrs


TODAY I... was driven into the 'City'...1 hours drive away.
 Bollnas by Swedish standards is a 'City' of 25,000 + residents. To me and my English family and friends it's a town...
A town with a little t.

 Bollnas is twinned with the English town Sheppton Mallett




TODAY I ... had our poor car repaired.

 Our VOLVO 740 has been worked like a pack horse.
Carting all our wordly possesions from UK to Sweden
NOT once, twice, three times, but FOUR times!!
All in the space of less than 2 years.

 Extreme cold temperatures
 combined with pot holed forest tracks have not helped either.
 Resulting in it's rear suspension...giving up on us!
Some 2 hours and 4,000 SEK later we are now
 BOUNCING around town like T-I-G-G-E-R!

TODAY I... as we walked through town I photographed
 with my i-phone some graffitti, a statue, and a church 


TODAY I...walked 12 kilometres in the snow with the one I love.

TODAY I ...registered for places to rent in town...

TODAY I...kept away from the 'Loppis' shops, but if I had had more time I wouldn't have!


WILL YOU JOIN IN TOO?

7 comments:

  1. What a fun post...are you living full time in Sweden now? or just part time?
    Phil's sister love her volvo's I'm a nut for Volkswagons...have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it's so cold. It's 4 below right now in Anchorage and they have predicted down to 15 below tonight.
    Stay warm!!! Hope you find a nice place to rent!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so cold. I don't know how you survive it. Any wonder the poor Volvo needs some TLC! I hope you at least had something nice and hot to drink while you were out and about! BRRR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a lot of snow!!! Brrrrr... Hugsxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor car! Go the Volvo, they rock! So much snow still Julie, are you tired of it or still love? xxx
    Jo (It's me! Brown Paper & String! Logged into one of my other blogs at the mo!)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete