Monday, 21 February 2011

LOOK AT THE BIRDY...


Yesterday I spent a little time crafting...




Tweet... Tweet... Tweet... 



 First I painted and distressed the little wooden box
I found the bird image in a freebie Swedish decorating Magazine
 I pulled the page out and kept it...

I knew it would come in handy one day!
I roughly measured each section and cut the card-paper to size

In my haste I merrilly cut of 3 square the same size
This is where I went wrong...oops

The middle section is actually bigger...

So my square was too small & didn't fit
It doesn't matter...

I just left the middle section blank.
I quite like it!




Oh...and don't forget to feed the birds!

10 comments:

  1. Love it Julie!

    You may have helped me make my mind up about something!

    I got a teeny tiny cabinet from a charity shop the other day with a view to a little revamp, but then had so many uses for it, that I couldn't decided on what style to go for! Initially white with papered insides, all delicate and girly, but then thought maybe brightly painted with retro papers inside. Hummmmmm, think after seeing yours, white and pretty may be the way to go! he he!

    Have a super day.....hope the weather has warmed a little for you!

    much love

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! Clever you, it's so beautiful..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the birdy!! I want one too :-) Hope the winter treats you well!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,
    What a sweet little box you made!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Ingrid xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej
    Vad härligt fint:)
    du går super att länka och kul att du tyckte om bilderna:)
    kram
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely! Don't you just love it when you put something away and then it really does come in handy?! What a great freebie.

    Hope you are all well in your neck of the woods,
    Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice, I have not had time to craft for months its always so rewarding.

    I love the original old photo of your home....still

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! Glad to hear that others collect paper, ha, ha!!!
    Very, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh so lovely, your blog are!!!! happy that I found your lovely blog!!!!
    I have send a messege to you!!!!
    Have a nice evening!
    Kathrine

    ReplyDelete