What a lovely family heirloom, who would have thought crochet would become so chi-chi? I'm having difficulty joining the colours, the colours on your cushion are really contemporary, Great Aunt Hilda was obviously ahead of her time! jennyx
Amazing!I`ve just finished a blanket which is very similar to Great Aunt Hilda`s! Either she was very avant-garde in her tastes or I`m very old-fashioned! Either way, her blanket is beautiful - I just hope mines lasts that long! The cushion is lovely too.Is it an heirloom too? Ha en trevlig Sondag too Julie. xxx
I want a great aunt Hilda. I'll go look in my family tree. I'm sure there's one somewhere in there. I love your crocheted items so lovely. Like your giveaway as well. I could put some tasty things inside those forms. Stay warm.
Lovley blanket, a handmade treasure! Thanks for your nice comments and great that the sing has arrived. I haven´t experienced the Aurora Borelis so much like on the stamps :-) but a little bit of it can be seen sometimes.
What a wonderful blanket and cushion made by your aunt, it's perfect and very beautiful and in such good condition too xox have a safe journey back to London x
Welcome to my blog...full of my mad ramblings. It started initially as a record of our 'Sommer Hus' our holiday home in Sweden. Now 3 years later it has developed into a complete melting pot... of EVERYTHING and ANYTHING Swedish/British as we adapt to our current life situation!
Thanks for stopping by.
What a lovely family heirloom, who would have thought crochet would become so chi-chi? I'm having difficulty joining the colours, the colours on your cushion are really contemporary, Great Aunt Hilda was obviously ahead of her time! jennyx
ReplyDeleteI love crochet blankets! This is just lovely. And all the more so that it is a family heirloom.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are having a most lovely weekend, Julie.
C x
Amazing!I`ve just finished a blanket which is very similar to Great Aunt Hilda`s! Either she was very avant-garde in her tastes or I`m very old-fashioned! Either way, her blanket is beautiful - I just hope mines lasts that long! The cushion is lovely too.Is it an heirloom too? Ha en trevlig Sondag too Julie. xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic blanket, I qam making one very similar at the moment, it would be nice to think it may be around in 45 years time :)
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how long these crochet blankets last! It is beautiful. xx
ReplyDeleteThey are both wonderful, would love a blanket like that to snuggle in when its chilly. Lucky you to own something so lovely!
ReplyDeleteIt's such a beautiful blanket. Love the colors!
ReplyDeleteNice to visit here!
Hugs Camilla
I want a great aunt Hilda. I'll go look in my family tree. I'm sure there's one somewhere in there. I love your crocheted items so lovely.
ReplyDeleteLike your giveaway as well. I could put some tasty things inside those forms. Stay warm.
Lovley blanket, a handmade treasure!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your nice comments and great that the sing has arrived.
I haven´t experienced the Aurora Borelis so much like on the stamps :-) but a little bit of it can be seen sometimes.
What a wonderful blanket and cushion made by your aunt, it's perfect and very beautiful and in such good condition too xox have a safe journey back to London x
ReplyDelete