Monday, 7 February 2011

THE BEST OF BRITISH




Last week, when I arrived back to my house in London
The latest copy of the CK catalogue
 was waiting on the door mat...

I LOVE this image

For me it's the nostalgic 'Best of British' culinary delights
It's the little things I miss...

Coleman's English Mustard
PG TIPS
Robinson's Orange Squash & Lemon Barley

If I was styling this photo shoot
I would definitely have put in a
Loaf of HOVIS bread, and a packet of ANCHOR butter




AND
What about My Mate?



Fortunately both hubby and myself return regularly to London
so we can stock up on the little 'British' things we miss...

My 2 teenage boys ALWAYS eat
 Marmite on Toast
(COMFORT FOOD)
How about you?
What can you or your family NOT live without
 in your part of the world?




~x~


P.S.
Thank you everyone for all your kind & lovely comments always

15 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,

    That image looks just lovely!

    Do you really have Hovis bread? I actually have a Hovis bread tin that use as decoration in my house. Given its price, it was definitely one of my heart over head purchases but I love it!

    I CANNOT live without my vegemite on toast and cup of tea every morning. My husband always makes it for me before he heads off to work. I think I am a bit spoilt!

    Hope you had a good time in London, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love marmite - the rest of my family hate it. I couldn't live without my dairy milk chocolate...not sure if they do that in other countries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegemite definately,most non Australians do not like it but it is because they put it on too thick.
    I thinke that is what I missed most when I went to the Uk and Europe,non of the hotels had toast for breakfast,ad soon as we got back to Uk we had toast and the vegemite we had taken with us ..pure bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vegemite and plan to take some with me when I go travelling next year. I also cannot start the day without a bowl of musli. I make my own and put all sorts of healthy and yummy things in it. Don't think I'll be able to take that with me next year though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JUlie1

    When mu daughter lived in London she bought marmite home... oh my god.. i didnt like it at all.. hihi

    Cheese in alla form is my favorite.

    I just longing fpr London right now.. i hope ti go there during the spring

    Many hugs to you my dear blogfriend
    Ann-Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,

    I love England and english food as much as you do, I even cook english dishes regularly.

    There's no specific food I'd have to have in every part of the world, because every country has it's own delicious food. But while being home (in Germany) I love to have Nutella on buttered bread for breakfast. Another thing that I like is a bread roll, buttered, with very thin sclices of hazelnut chololate (calles 'eszet-Schnitten'). Can you tell I'm a chocoholic? ;)

    Maja x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just thinking this morning how comforting buttery toast, spread with Marmite, is with a cup of tea......perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum yum, wholemeal toast with Marmite - I love it! Mr BB hates it, which suits me fine as I don't have to share :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Julie,

    I love those kitchen pics in the new CK mag. I keep looking at them!

    I do love a bit of marmite on toast with a big hot cuppa. I also love peanut butter on soft white bread with a cuppa. You can't beat that too, but the bears HATE it. They shiver when they smell the stuff!

    You can't beat a hovis loaf and the bears can't do without American mustard!

    Have a super day my lovely!

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love marmite, but am a converted hater of it. Hot toast, butter and marmite is one of my favourite comfort foods. No-one else in the family is keen. Soreen malt loaf is one thing the children can't seem to do without. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I`ve just discovered a fabulous Norwegian (sorry Julie but if you can recommend a Swedish one, I`ll give it a try)cheese called `Gud..something or other` and Hellman`s Dijon Mayonnaise...both have been around for a while but then I`m very slow on the uptake...allegedly!Great to `see` you again, Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her stuff, and that photo is wonderful but I have to say your kitchen looks like that photo.
    I went this time with the most expensive shipping......yeah I'm so relieved that it made it!!! Madeliefs has still not, arhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Härliga bilder!!

    And I can understand that you miss some of the "english things".

    Kram Cia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marmite for us every time too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Julie,
    I stock up on Swedish goodies everytime I go to IKEA. Luckily it's only a 8min (!) drive from us... Knäckebröd, kardemumma skorpor and marmelad :-) are some of the items you can find in my house!

    Kram från Australia♥

    ReplyDelete