Wednesday, 16 February 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

  


My man is finally on his way back home from London.
It has been a loooooong week

 Where is your one and only when you neeeeeeeed him????
Why does it always happen when they are away?

Sweden has been experiencing its coldest weather for a century.
And last Thursday, Central Sweden had a huge snow storm ...
We woke on Friday morning to temperatures of - MINUS 28!

SNOW like I have never seen...
so much so
We were snowed in!

My car was almost buried and a tractor came and ploughed all the snow so that we could get out
 Central Sweden came to a halt on Friday
The boys could not get to school

By Saturday morning cabin fever had set in...
Little J decided to relieve the boredom,by being helpful, chopping fire wood wih his scout hatchett...
He almost axed his thumb off!!!

 A 1 hour drive to the nearest hospital and 6 stitches later
We live to tell the tale
BOYS  GRRR...!
  



My lovely Swedish friend Asa, bought me these beautiful tulips...
They are the BEST and so is she...
Tack sa Mycket ASA!


I LOVE to bake...

Victoria Sandwich Cake &  a nice cup of tea...

Works everytime!

18 comments:

  1. Hej
    Fy vad tråkigt att allt ska hända när man är ensam.
    Golvet kommer börja läggas på måndag:)
    härligt fina tulpaner.
    kram
    sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is serious... I hope your son is ok now, what a bit of trauma for you and then all that snow on top of that! It seems so far away the idea of snow when the sun is shining so beautifully today and all the littlespring bulbs and shoots are almost blossoming. I did hear that we may well be in for another snow episode soon, so I am just enjoying the blissful sunny sky today.
    You are absolutely right aout tea and cake there is nothing like it and a good friend = perfect time. Take care in the snow xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing...it never fails when they are away every thing goes down your a brave woman...I'm glad he's alright. Boy, flowers and cake just the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Typical boys!! don't you just lovem! boys are great you can shout your head off at them and they've forgotton about it in two minutes , unlike girls,eek!! glad you're surviving the snow it sounds horrendous jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I´m glad you are all right! And also very happy your man is on is way!
    Sending you warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch - glad that thumb is still attached!
    Yes, where are these men when you need them? Mine is out at an awards dinner while I wrestle 2 tired stroppy children into bed after a very long day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your boy is on the mend. We seem to have come to the end of the snow here so thats all good as far as Im concerned!

    Love the bright coloured tin and flowers.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your son, and hope his thumb is healing quickly. The snow and the cold have been such an issue in so many areas of the world this year. Spring will be welcome by many. Glad your hubby will be back with you soon. Funny, how so many things go wrong when they are gone. It happens to me all the time! Keep warm!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Julie! What a week! Hope you are keeping warm and that hubby is home very soon...
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Julie, I hope your son will be fine, what an ordeal last weekend. With this beautiful setting you created that not all was loss. I really hope you all enjoyed a lovely Valentine's day.
    P.S. No more chopping wood for the little one!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Rosemary...X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Julie, I hope everything is OK! You are so right - things ALWAYS happen when they are away and yes GRRR boys! I am glad that you have a lovely friend to buy you tulips though. Your photos look lovely.

    I think it's time for someone else to chop the wood, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Dramas for you! Do you like living in Sweden Julie? I wonder if we will end up there one day........
    Glad your man is back in the house!
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. Boys eh??!! All the stuff I have to look forward to with Max!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what an adventure. So glad to hear J survived is accident. So glad your guy is coming home and that we found you under all of that snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree about wher´s the men when you need them!!

    But you met two other men that was good for a women in "snow need" ;).

    Åsa is Toppen!!! And so are you.

    kram Cia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello my lovely Julie!

    Gosh what a time you are having of it! Mega snow and trips to the hospital! Hope all okay with Little J and his thumb. Bet that hurt. What a lovely friend you have, the tulips are beautiful!

    I hope the weather warms up a little for you and you get to have a nice RELAXING weekend!

    Much love

    Vanessa xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Warm welcome home, dearest Julie. I have some tulips on my table too.
    Happy baking!
    Enjoy your weekend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful flowers (and a beautiful kitchen) - I thought we'd had a bad Winter over her in NE Scotland, but really compared to you Scandinavians I have nothing to moan about!

    ReplyDelete