Thursday, 8 April 2010

THIS N THAT






 I have been keeping myself busy with another painting project.

And have gone from... 


THAT to THIS


When my husband returned to the UK in December, I just managed to sneak this into the back of the car.
Without him looking lol!
I paid £30.00 for it from our local St Francis Hospice charity shop.



I removed the handles which were nailed and glued on! And used a mouse sander all over to remove the yukky brown varnish




I gave it a couple of coats of paint...



Finishing with a Farrow and Ball oil eggshell paint ALL WHITE
 (It was leftover)
Then I distressed it in areas.
Attempting to give it an aged, worn effect.
BUT unfortunately the handles completely give it away LOL! 
I think I need to add some Luberon finishing wax?


.

The drawers I lined with some RED gingham paper that's readily availbale in supermarkets here in Sweden.


I bought the old library style cup pull handles from good old Ebay.


 

I wanted the real mccoy!
I guess I will just have to keep on hunting.
They look to shiny and perfect for me and I think even BLACK would look better than these...hmmm...
I really do hope I can find the REAL THING!

But in the mean time it's very useful and practical for our endless paperwork and not forgetting

THIS' N THAT


Do you like my Maileg Dolls?
Mummy and Baby
THIS n THAT
~X~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, How is life going in Sweden? Hope you are fine !
    xo
    Britta

    ReplyDelete