Whilst having a big sort out...well ACTUALLY just putting things into like piles and then sifting through ...
1 bag for charity...1 bag to keep and 1 bag to bin (odd socks, pants with holes in, etc), I surveyed my surroundings.
I realised that I already have quite a collection of vintage retro signs and letters dotted about our Swedish house ( although some have yet to come out of the cupboard and find their place of rest).
I thought my collection might make an interesting little post. Even though I love the clean,simple, Scandinavian style and try to maintain order, I think the eccentric English woman in me, has made an appearance with an ecclectic mix of old/new, shabby/vintage/retro and a little bit of Cath Kidston/Laura Ashley blousey flowers and polka dots, mixed with Swedish stripes/gingham! Thank goodness for a the pure white and grey Scandinavian interior, as it is a perfect background to display my junk! Oh and not forgetting the classic British Union Jack Flag...Did you spot the Swedish Flag too?
If your as mad about letters as me there is a good exhibition currently running in PARIS, France here is the link http://kidimo.fr/ I discoverd this via my lovely blogging friend Britta http://myblackbook.free.fr/
You can also read what she say's about the work of the exhibitors here http://myblackbook.free.fr/?p=3871
Also quite topical too as Charlie and Caroline Gladstone proprietors of http://www.pedlars.co.uk/ are currently at the Milan Saloni trade fair, look at what they have discovered too here is the link to their own personal blog http://charlieandcaroline-pedlars.blogspot.com/2010/04/reclaimed-vintage-letters-milan-saloni.html
Even before letters and signs were in 'vogue', I've always loooved them and had a small collection.
Why?
I don't really know!
But I do know that it's comforting to me, to see little markers and signs along the way...
To keep me on track perhaps?
I love to read the simple, powerful words and messages that speak to me and make my heart skip
My favourite words of all time are
LOVE PEACE JOY!
~x~
BTW
I'm on the look out for some more vintage letters...
J, W & T
Please kindly email me or leave me a comment if you know where I can find these please...
especially in Sweden!
THANK YOU
TACK
BTW
I'm on the look out for some more vintage letters...
J, W & T
Please kindly email me or leave me a comment if you know where I can find these please...
especially in Sweden!
THANK YOU
TACK








Panduro has letters, both in wood and paper, different sizes. I have the catalog and can help you look on-line too....I think they are reasonably priced and you paint/decorate them yourself.
ReplyDeleteHey!
ReplyDeleteOn my next To DO List I will write: "Make a cool to do list"
thanks for visiting
Always so relieving to sort out. I'll be selling our things, which we have no use for any further, at a BIG fleamarket here in Halmstad, at the Arenahallen May 8th. Besides, we'll be there to unpack two hours before opening, ergo I'll be able to see and buy before everybody else can! Her, her, LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteKram Camilla
I love letters and signs especially in old wood or zinc. They are so wonderful in a vintage kitchen!
ReplyDelete