Tuesday, 13 April 2010

RIDING ALONG ON MY PUSH BIKE HONEY...

Yesterday, when we woke the temperature was -6.5 and I could see a new frost glistening on the melting snow. However, it turned out to be yet another glorious day and an even more wonderful evening.




The resident wannabe chef (hubby) had prepared earlier in the day a lovely home-made Pea and Ham soup.




 Soo as supper was sorted...
.




We made the most of the late afternoon early evening sunshine and headed off into the forest for an evening cycle, tous ensemble.



We did the 5/6km circuit from the winter house via the route to the sommer hus.
 Just south of the sommer hus on the main forest track, which leads to the main sufaced road, 'skogsmaskins' were at work, thinning the forest and felling trees.



It's a nifty machine not disimilar to the 'feller bunchers', (according to Mr), but this one had wheels and not tracks. I just managed to snap a couple of pics, as I didn't really want to be in it's path.







The raw smell of the freshly cut pines was immense.
When I think of Sweden or as soon as I touchdown ...
I can smell the pines...and the forest calling me...




Homeward Bound!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog! I have really enjoyed visiting yours, the scenery in your photos is just beautiful. Congrats too on winning the £100, I chose a red satchel and a mug! x

    ReplyDelete