Tuesday, 27 April 2010

INGMAR BERGMAN

A prolific Swedish Film-maker, Ingmar Bergman... was a name that I recognised and heard when I was a child growing up in the 60's,  but of his films ,I didn't  know of or discover until Adulthood.


Ingmar Bergman 1918-2007


Absolutely thrilled to receive a package today, carefully wrapped in a clear plastic bag and placed on the lawn in front of our post box, 2 DVD's that I had  ordered from Amazon only 1 week ago...


WILD STRAWBERRIES
och
Fanny and Alexander

Have you viewed these award winning films?
What is your favourite film?
Why?

Would love to hear your views...

I'm saving these films to snuggle up and watch with my daughter next week in S'holm
So I'll let you know what I feel too.

7 comments:

  1. Personally I've never liked Ingmar Bergman's films....but maybe I haven't given them a fair chance. It was a very long time since I watched one and when I did I don't think I even watched the whole one. So I will be interested to hear what you (and Hannah) thinks about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!
    I like some om Ingmar bergmans films, i must say that fanny and Alexander is one of my favoutite too!!

    yes im going to London friday evening.. from Skavsta..idont remember the time but its the latest plane i think.

    Whwn do you go?


    hug
    A-C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not a fan of those films, but it will be itresting to hear what you think.
    I love your "skohylla i hallen". but as you say when we let the kids in it doesnt the same for so long ;).
    I hope you will have a nice weekend.
    Love Cia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Ann-Catrin :-D
    Your spelling is v.good :-D
    Jag ska ta den sista flygplan til London ochsa!
    Jag ska skicka den en majl nu.
    (I take the last plane to London too. I am going to send you an email now)
    Most people I have spoken to have say that Fanny o Alexander is their favourite film...looking forward to wathcing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. one of my absolute favourite pictures of all time is wild strawberries. once a year during early summer i watch it and it always makes me think of the shortness of life and to keep the ones we love close to our hearts.
    i hope you will enjoy it too!
    /Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Fannie och Alexander. I recieved the anniversary edition with the TV version and the film version plus the making of the movie. Other than this film I find Ingmar hard to watch but the weird thing is I still like him as a creative soul.

    ReplyDelete