"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck."
-Emma Goldman
Love this saying and love these beautiful roses...
Which got me thinking about the words too...
to one of my all time favourite songs
I love...
Just in case you want to sing your heart out!
THE WORDS
Mmmmmm Mmmm mm ooo
Some people live for the fortune
Some people live just for the fame
Some people live for the power, yeah
Some people live just to play the game
Some people think that the physical things
Define what's within
And I've been there before
But that life's a bore
So full of the superficial
[Chorus:]
Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, Yeah
Some people search for a fountain
That promises forever young
Some people need three dozen roses
And that's the only way to prove you love them
Hand me the world on a silver platter
And what good would it be
With no one to share
With no one who truly cares for me
[Chorus:]
Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, you, you
Some people want it all
But I don't want nothing at all
If it ain't you baby
If I ain't got you baby
Some people want diamond rings
Some just want everything
But everything means nothing
If I ain't got you, yeah
[Outro:]
If I ain't got you with me baby
So nothing in this whole wide world don't mean a thing
If I ain't got you with me baby






I wish you a wonderful Sunday, Julie. Do you go to Loppis ? xo Britta
ReplyDeleteHej Britta
ReplyDeleteYou have a wonderful Sunday too!
Today we are having Swedish neighbours over to our house for FIKA ...YOU know how they love their coffee and cakes! I usually go to Loppis on Saturday or during the week... or bothe. In the summertime I will go Sunday's too!
Kram Julie x
Oh, that sounds wonderful like our German "Kaffee und Kuchen", that we usually have on Sundays at 4 pm. I miss that, they don't do that here in France... Did you prepare a cake? If so, what kind of cake. Hope you had a lot of fun and hear you soon !
ReplyDeletexo & bonne soirée !
Britta
Hej Brit
ReplyDeleteYes I made 2 cakes...yummy.
Check back later I will do a little post about it :D x