Tuesday, 28 December 2010

XMAS & NEW YEAR




Well it looks like Christmas is over...

BUT

These beautiful hand-made ceramic letters, wonderfully packaged arrived in the post yesterday...


 I was very fortunate to win them from Britta in her Christmas giveaway over at her beautifully visual blog


Now I am looking forward to the New Year...


I LOVE this vintage plastic sign I bought from ebay.

Apparently they came from an old sports and social club that closed down, and as I am mad about vintage letters & signs 
  I bought several...

Did any of you spy the XMAS, DINNER and DECEMEBER signs on the wall in the kitchen?

   

9 comments:

  1. I missed your splash of color, I too hope to get some projects done myself...Loved your signs against your white walls, very nice and I still have never won a giveaway someday!
    Hey Momma has your package come yet? I feel so guilty enjoying mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those ceramic letters, sorry they did not arrive in time for Christmas this year... I too am a fan of all vintage letters / fonts / typing etc. I wish you and your family a very Happy and healthy New Year xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... lucky you! The letters look wonderful :-) I still hold on to christmas a few more days. The tree was so expensive it would be in sane to chuck it out now, haha. But after new years eve, the birds will have it all dressed up with apples and nuts in the garden.

    All the best!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will let the christmas stay in the house some more days.
    I hope I have time for som projects before the school starts again.

    Love Cia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Belated christmas Julie.
    I love your vintage signs.
    I hope you have a wonderful 2011.
    Luv & Hugs
    Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie,

    I just tried to leave a comment, but the whole thing dissapeared, aghhhhh! Yes, I spied your words in the kitchen, they look great!

    I just read your comment on my blog and realised you must be around the same age as I am (somewhere between 45 and 50):-)! My eldest daughter just turned 21.

    I am glad you had a lovely Christmas, despite the fact that both your parents were in England.

    Thank you for your sweet comments about the cake. It really is very simple and nothing special. You need 400 grams of selfraising flour, 400 gr of butter, 400 gr of sugar, 8 eggs, a pinch of salt, raisins, walnuts, chocolate chunks and a few drops of lemon. You will need an extra large baking tray! The cake has to go into the oven for a bit more than two hours on 150 degrees celcius. I decorated it with white icing sugar, white stars and silver pearls. Don't count the calories...:-)!

    I wish you and your family a Happy New Year's Eve!

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej Hej Julie, Belated Festive Greetings to you. Sorry I didn`t get round to the last `Tuesday through the Winter Window` but if you have a Spring one I`ll definitely join in. Have a great New Year, Julie and thank you for being such a lovely Bloggy Friend to me this year.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your signs are fantastic! I love those pretty yarns all together in your last post too, enjoy your hooky time! I have so much crocheting to do in the next couple of days, but I have sunken well & truely into holiday mode & the beach is calling my name...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hej Julie,
    So happy that you get the Christmas letters even if it's after Christmas but like some of your blog already said, the Christmas spirit is still there and for me, I keep my Christmas decoration until mid January. Enjoy & all the best for 2011 !
    xo, Britta

    ReplyDelete