Saturday, 4 December 2010

PILLOW SWAP








The Pillow Swap...

Organised by the lovely

 Corry and Heleen
Thank You!

I finally finished it this morning and posted it
to my swap partner,
 in RUSSIA!

The remit was a cushion cover 16" x 16"
Packaged and posted by 30 November...
Whoops!

My swap partner also stated her favourite colours were brown/beige/olive

I found some vintage Swedish ticking in my fabric stash

I also found an old brown sweat shirt hoody,
 belonging to my husband...
He is in London...he won't mind...
I cut this up...for the stag/deer

I had a stash of polka dot felt squares...
I chose the Lime Green... not quite Olive! 
 It adds a bit of vibrancy... I think it works well
It gives it a snowball Christmassy feel

I finished it off
 with a strip of vintage Swedish lace to the back
and hidden in the inside is an embroidered tape

saying...
TO SOMEONE SPECIAL 

I am really happy how it turned out...
I hope you will be happy too Helen

Happy Pillow Swap... 





~x~



P.S

Don't forget to leave me a comment, wish me a Merry Christmas
in your own language


Closes
Monday 6th December



11 comments:

  1. I love it! Well worth cutting up hubby's hoody! Specially love the stags head. Loads of love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sew too what can't you do, I know what I can't do is sew ,crochet or knit! I have the rest of my life to try though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pillow! We had a great time at Majas Café. No the tree isn't up yet! Yours? Have a nice 2:nd advent!
    Hugs Anki

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented, what a beautiful pillow, I know I would be more than happy to receive this , the Stag head is amazing, hope you receive a beauty in return xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. It´s such a nice pillow! :o)
    I just want too thank you sooooo much for your visit and your comment!!! Yes, I made the things by myself. :o) I´m really glad, you like them!
    Have a nice evening!
    Juliane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous, Julie! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Julie,
    yes, you can buy my moose, if you want to. :o)
    Look here: http://de.dawanda.com/shop/Julchen76
    I hope you can reach this website from Sweden???!!!
    If not, write me back... :o)
    Many looooovely greetings!!!
    Juliane

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous treasures, Julie. I am wishing you a magical Monday! Love the music in your background, very suiting xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much,Julie!) And here your gift-
    http://lentochkann.blogspot.com/2010/12/pillow-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh julie, what a beautiful pillow you made for your partner! You did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for participating in our swap.

    ReplyDelete