Saturday, 18 December 2010

HOME SWEDE HOME



I arrived back to S'holm on Thursday night and spent a lovely evening with my daughter and her partner.
Judging by the travel chaos back home in the UK
I am soo glad I changed my flight from Friday to the day before.
As it happened our flight landed in low visibility in a snow storm at 4pm in the afternoon...Stockholm had MASSES of Snow

So now I am...

HOME SWEDE HOME


The view from my front gate...

My 'street'


The Barn


This is the only bit of Christmas decoration so far...



Tomorrow morning at first light...
We are going on a ...Christmas Tree hunt!
This is hubby bringing home the Christmas Tree last year



You can read all about it here

We bought our family ski-pass for the season today.
Our local slopes (3)will open 11am Christmas Day 25th

We just found out a couple of hours ago...
 As there is soo much snow covered on the mountain
Ski-ing is open tomorrow
YIPEE!!

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE where you live!! Your christmas decorations so far are simply beautiful, can't wait to see what you do when you have your tree! Enjoy all that gorgeous snow lucky lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post and photos had elements quite like my post today..... right up until the tree picking and skiing bit! Wow now that is perfection. Glad you got to London and back safely. Have fun skiing and decorating. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neither wonder you wanted to toute-suite it back home! Such a beautiful part of the world and a gorgeous house too. You were right to get out of the UK while the going was good - it`s utter chaos down south and more to come up here in the north too. I hope my son makes it home for Xmas. God Jul to you Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting to be back home, I just love this house its so perfect nestled in the snow and your barn!!! Glad your back, Momma

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks amazing - You are very very lucky XX Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the God Jul- very beautiful.

    Who needs all that plastic and tinsel?!

    Nadolig Llawen!

    (very nice music too :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Julie, and congrats, you won my x-mas giveaway !!! Could you please send me your address in Sweden, so I will send it tomorrow. Have a wonderful cozy Sunday! xo, Britta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic! Have a lovely christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post Julie!

    I hope that you and your family have the most wonderful Christmas and New Year. Your blog in 2010 has been such a wonderful place to visit Julie and I can't wait to carry on peeking in in 2011!

    Much love and best wishes

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Julie,
    That looks so amazing! You live in the most beautiful part of the world.
    We are planning a trip to Sweden next year. As Richard is half Swede and Max has a Swedish passport I feel very connected to the place (although have never been!!!)
    I think it is a lot like NZ, but with more snow!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. It has been such a pleasure getting to 'know' you. You are one inspiring lady!
    Take care and have a beautiful and blessed Christmas.
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete