Tuesday, 16 November 2010

ON A COLD & FROSTY MORNING...


I LOVE ...
The frosty silhouettes created on these shrubs in my parents garden




I woke to a cold, frosty morning...
Temperatures in London were below freezing
Just a couple of degrees...but it always seems much colder than Sweden!

I LOVE
The tree silhouette's in the snow



The bicycles, safely left at the station...UNLOCKED
This was the parting scene as I caught the train to Stockholm last Sunday

Have a great week ahead everyone!

LOVE PEACE enJOY!

17 comments:

  1. Everything looks like it has been dusted with powdered sugar. It is sunny and 46 degrees in Midvale Utah this morning.
    I am really interested in Price William and Kate Middleton wedding memorabilia. I would really love to work out a trade or send you cash. What do you think?
    (Maybe an Abby can come live with you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful captures of the Stockholm snow. So wonderful to see that people still use bicycles there. We hardly see any in these parts! ;(
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so amazing they can leave their bikes unlocked. your snow looks so pretty we are going to get down to below zero tonight,brrrr.

    we have the fire going hot and it's cozy. I hope you are too, sleep well, Julie!

    I know the perfect magazine for you I will email you, I get so busy once the day starts sorry. Glad you arrived safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie!

    So amazing ecerything lokks..
    here in Stokcholm this morning it looks the same actually.. but no snow..

    I am so glad that you like your soda tin i sent to you...

    I bought my smeg at bagaren och kocken... i think they had the best price and wery good service!

    A big hug to you my blogfriend
    Ann-Catrin

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cold took us to night -17 burr!!!!

    But its ok to be inside to "pyssla" and "mysa"

    Kram Cia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think much can top the view of freshly fallen snow...anywhere! Even the dingiest of places can be transformed into something magical. Magical though, when you are inside and gazing at it through a window in a nice toasty house! I'm such a lightweight!!!!!! ha ha!

    Gorgeous gorgeous pics my lovely....and seriously, are the bikes unlocked? Wow, can you imagine that here?! Would all be pinched in a matter of minutes!

    Stay warm and cosy!

    Much love

    Vanessa xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning, Julie! So glad I found your beautiful blog this morning! I have a soft spot in my heart for Sweden (and England!)...my mother's family came from Sweden and I've always wanted to visit. I'll do that through you and your beautiful photos for now.

    Love the frosty loveliness in your photos today...just gorgeous!

    I'm your newest follower & will be back often. So lovely to meet you!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hej Julie,
    What a lovely sight to wake up to. I love seeing the colored photos and then everything turned to white. The thing i greatly appreciate about snow is the extreme silence. Stay warm in your frozen tundra.
    kram
    Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful. Lovely photos. Winter has come to Scotland but in the form of rain and gales and dark, dark days....so far X

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these early morning moments too, you captured these perfectly pretty!
    Have a sweet evening xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Julie!)
    Very beautiful!!!
    I sent a letter to email.
    With best wishes, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pics. Hope u have a GREAT Sunday! xoxox alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! Shows how important it is to have something in the garden that looks nice in the winter too!

    Ha a nice week in the snow!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Leaving bikes unlocked?Impossible in Holland!One of the reasons why iloveSweden.
    Have a happy week.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a lovely Sunday and a great start to the new week!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Julie those berry pictures are absolutely gorgeous! It would be so lovely to have a white Christmas instead of sweltering in the heat we usually have over here! All the cards and calendars always have snowy views for December and Christmas, so it would be nice to do it the 'traditional' way some day!

    Although, I have to admit I don't do well in the cold at all, so maybe I'm better off sweating it out!

    Linda. xx

    ReplyDelete