Monday, 22 November 2010

HONEY I'M HOME...



Arrived back from London late Saturday...

My Swedish friends spent 3 days with me at my home in London
On Thursday I was their 'Tour Guide'

We started at the Tower of London,tube to Westminster, Houses of Parliament and heard Big Ben chime 11 o'clock
A trip on the LONDON EYE, Buckingham Palace, a ride in a Black Taxi Cab to HARRODS in Knightsbridge, Covent Garden and lunch at Maxwells, walked to Leicester Square, Picadilly Circus, and up Regent Street to HAMLEY's toy store, Carnaby Street and a refreshment stop at the Shakespeares Head an olde worlde English Pub, LIBERTY's then to Oxford Street for a little shopping, a train to London Bridge and another taxi-ride to Butlers Wharf where we met my English friend Emma for dinner at THE CHOP HOUSE, this restaurant is right next door to TOWER BRIDGE the views are magnificent.

My Swedish friends chose traditional English HADDOCK & CHIPS.
 Our day ended with a lovely walk over Tower Bridge at about 11pm and great views of the THAMES by night.
We finished where we started.

You can read more about my Swedish friend's London trip over at Anki's blog  and Christmas shopping at Harrods

You will probably need to use google translate



I love this row of china mushroom tea-lights
 These were displayed in a cupboard
 in the Christmas Decorations department of Harrods
Now I wish I had bought one or two...



There is always TIME FOR TEA
Now I did buy this!


I still have loads of catching up on all your lovely blogs...
Thank you for all your kind comments.

10 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I found your blog via Britta. It's lovely and I will have to do some further investigating come the weekend! I love those mushrooms. I think I would have bought some if I had been with you. Glad you had a good time.

    Bye for now,
    Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie,

    Welcome back! Wish I could have joined your London tour. It sounds great! The mushrooms look sweet. Good to hear you enjoyed yourself :-)

    I will check out your friends blog.

    Lieve groet, Madelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you must be exhausted - better have another cup of tea! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful trip----and how lovely to get to share it with friends. Now to settle in for a cozy Swedish winter.

    As we gear up for Thanksgiving here in America, I want to say "THANK YOU" for giving to us a little bit of yourself, for sharing your life with us, through your blog.

    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hej Hej Julie, I love doing the `touristy` thing when I visit my friend in London. Boat trips up the Thames to Greenwich are our speciality....and of course a trip to Fortnum and Mason`s - we got loads of bargains there last time!I love those mushroom tealights - wonder if you can get them online?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend!
    Hope you had a nice time in good old London. I exactly know what you mean, you see something really nice, but hesitate to buy it and when it's too late, you regret that you did not buy it... This arrives often to me.
    Have a wonderful week! xo, Brita

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are being promised some Swedish weather at the end of the week! I love those mushrooms, how did you resist? I found the joys of Google translate today when I visited a Danish blog, it's amazing. I must check out Anki's. I would like to pass on a blog award. Pop over to Planet Penny to collect it! Hope you settle back to Swedish living with your cup of tea! Penny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I just found your lovely blog! I was wondering around and enjoying my self! See you soon again! I'm Finnish woman living in Crete so it's really wonderful to see your beautiful photos which reminds me my homecountry!
    Best wishes Teje

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Julie, you have been busy.
    Your tour of London sounds wonderful, I hope you got some some nice bits in the shops!!!
    I am loving your snow pictures, I wish it snowed here more.
    Have a lovely week.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those mushrooms and your sign ,what a great tour guide and such a nice friend you are.
    Is Haddock like Halibut?

    Hey Momma I need your address so I can mail you a magazine!

    ReplyDelete