The last remaining jars...
Blackcurrant Jam
Back in September I made this jam
from the blackcurrants we picked from the bushes growing at the summer stuga.
Unfortunately,
because of the bad winter, few berries were to be found.
I managed to harvest enough to make about 12 jars, half I gave to friends & neighbours...another 2 jars are also heading back to London
I LOVE this jam on toast and in my porridge
I will have to hide the rest of the remaining bounty...
P.S.
Is an excellent place to buy everything you need for making jam.
I love it that I can get my polka dot lids and labels and gingham ones too from here
Remember it for next year...
Jamming...I recommend it!





HI there , Jam , must be one of my favourite things to eat !! Fresh bread and strawberry Jam yum yum xxx Helen xxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteHi, I love making jam, i makes the perfect home made yummy treat for all those who like something sweet xox thanks for passing on the jam jar shop link x
ReplyDeleteOh what lovely looking jams you made. I love the labels and that shop sounds wonderful. Sadly we don't have such a shop over in NZ. Still I make my own jams now and love it too. Your made with love label is perfect!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for your suggestions about the fireplace on my blog. If you could send me a picture of the firescreen, please! I would love to see how it looks. Won't it be horribly expensive to send it to Holland?
Your jams look lovely! I enjoy making jam as well, but unfortunately my blackcurrant jam is never that tasty. Do you add anything else beside sugar?
Wish you a happy evening!
Lieve groet, Madelief
Oooh, I'm wishing I was your neighbour now! Those jars are gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSarahxx
ooh jam on warm bread! carbs go with winter so well and a dollop of summer sunshine jam is just perfect! jennyx
ReplyDeleteNothing taste better than homemade jam! Your jars look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun on a winter day!
ReplyDeleteMy mom makes raspberry and blackberry jam and it's so good but I need to try. I once tried to make freezer jam /strawberry /rhubarb.
Oh dear, lets just say it could not be saved.
It's still snowing we must have about 2ft.
so while i'm stuck in a snow bank I should try.
You are too too clever Julie!
ReplyDeleteKeep warm.
xxx
Hi my Lovely! The cheque has arrived, many thanks. Your jam looks fab. I have started saving jars for next year's crops.xx
ReplyDeleteSuch pretty jam jar labels. I love jam on warm toast with butter, and a hot cup of coffee. Now I'm definitely in the mood for some. Have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteMaureen