Having recently read the book
by
Karen Mazen Miller
Washing, has taken on a new meaning for me, even though I have always enjoyed, hanging my washing on the line, as it allows some personal space in a usually busy day.
A few cherished, stolen minutes of ME time with my thoughts.A chance for me to see and observe for a brief moment what has been happening in my garden, a time to reflect.
Often as I hang an item of clothing belonging to one or either of my sons or daughter or my hubby, I find myself remembering when they wore it, what they have done and said that week.
SOMMER STUGA
Summer House
This is our Sommer Stuga in Sweden
This picture was actually taken last Midsommer.
I love the dappled light, the peace, at one with nature.
I love hanging washing on the simple line strung between trees.
We have no washing machine here. Everything is simply washed, by hand
This is Summer, a Swedish Summer...
Towels hung on the line to dry after a refreshing swim in the river at the bottom of the forest track.







Hej Julie! This is such a lovely photo. I know Nicole will just love it. I love that northern light. So beautiful. What are you doing for midsommar?
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous photo of your Stuga, dappled light and clothes on the line! I like what you wrote here surrounding your line as well! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Julie, wow love the pic of your stuga, beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog. I have swedish connections as my husband is half swedish! Jo x
Unbelievably perfect photos. Completely lovely. We all love Julie xx
ReplyDeleteI love your Stuga - beautiful!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKerry xxxx
Thank you everyone :-D
ReplyDeleteI really do LOVE it even though my husband bought it without me having seen it! Well only an internet photo and description...I have recovered from the shock. It really is an oasis of a setting...Your all welcome to come visit if your ever in Sweden, seriously. AND Charlie and Caroline I am blushing :P
We all LOVE Pedlars and C&C too...we love your life and what your trying to do...great ethos!
Julie
xx
Oh this makes me SWOON!
ReplyDeleteI'm having a fine art giveaway over at my blog if you might be interested in an 8 x 8 giclee original (by me):
http://walterhelenaphotography.blogspot.com/2010/06/whp-giveaway-three-of-twelve-flowers.html
xo, WHP
What a wonderful stuga!! I have family in Sweden and also studied there a while back, boy do I miss the motherland! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!
Lovely pics of your stuga!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie! We are home, sorry we missed you on our trip...somehow I was hoping to spontaneously cross paths at one of the many midsommar events we went to. Between having colds and having a ton of far away family assembled, as well as limited internet access for p0lanning, a visit was not in the cards this trip. So we will have to be blogging friends for now, until another time we can meet up for real.
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog. Lovely.
I have a question for you; I was reading a book about Sweden. The characters were a family that lived in a farm house. The house had a 'wolf window'. Can you tell me what that is?
See you soon!
Susan
What a perfect post, celebrating what some would find a mundane task, while others have discovered the peace and tranquility found by placing the pegs on the line and the ritual that transpires...
ReplyDeleteYour summer house is beautiful.
Susan