Sunday, 6 June 2010

MR SMOKEY



When we strimmed the garden at the back of the house,
 we discovered this...



A COLD SMOKE!

It was hidden and in disrepair.
  We didn't realise what it was, until our neighbours explained.
Hubby was absolutely thrilled.



The Smoke Pit


Where the wood is lit to create the smoked flavour
BIG J used Alder and Juniper wood



The Smoke Chamber
(to hold the smoke and the food being smoked)





It now means that all the fish that the boys have been catching,
can now be cold smoked as alternative way of eating them.



Where the fish are placed



And BIG J is in his element!


Thank goodness, I bought hubby for his birthday, a couple of years ago, a copy of  
It has a whole section from pages 161- 168 on ' Building a cold smoker', so it was really useful to us to have this information to hand, whilst we experimented.

The fish tasted good!

Fisk smakade jatte bra!

4 comments:

  1. How cool is this!? I love it! I'd be happy too!

    My mother's whole family is (extremely) Swedish and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, smoked fish is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete