Monday, 17 May 2010

I LOVE 'LOPPIS'



Look at this wonderful Swedish Light streaming through my kitchen window
I couldn't resist taking a picture




Well what a FAB weekend we have all enjoyed!
Firstly, the wonderful Therese (our Swedish mentor) came for dinner yesterday afternoon with her lovely family.  Team effort, myself and Big J cooked a traditional British Sunday dinner, Roast Beef and Yorkshire Puddings etc, followed by a choice of  Apple Crumble or Bannoffee Pie or both!
We had a great afternoon spent with great company.

Therese bought us a wonderful  and most thoughtful gift, this delicate potted, Marbacka Geranium/Pelargonium

 'Drottning Ingrid'
 Queen Ingrid






   


I haven't been 'Loppis' shopping  since before Easter.  In my books that's way too long a time!.
SO I definitely made up for it this weekend...

LOOK
at my 'loppis' fynds (Second-hand bargains)




This lamp will look great hanging above our kitchen table in the Sommer Hus





Gorgeous Gingham!






Retro 50's Kitsch cannisters look great on my shelves!
I think they will go to the Sommer Hus too 



Vintage Swedish cotton square pillow cases...
Beautifully edged in ribbon...


AND




MONAGRAMMED!!

with the initial

J

They were meant for ME!





A vibrant Swedish vintage tapestry wool cushion.
This available to buy for only £10.00 or 100 SEK
 in  my web loppis shop Simply Swedish Shop or contact me directly...



My favourite kinda fabrics
Spring Green
Ginghams and Stripes



So Splendidly Spring colours
Don't you think they go well together?



A Shabby, crooked cork screw




A not so old, but practical Swedish Tin to keep my Rice Cakes in! 
If you hadn't noticed I DO LOVE a tin or two!


OOH and most definitely Gingham TOO!




I have several of these now...
So I may put this in the shop or another one similar

THE PIECE DE RESISTANCE!!!!

In my opinion this was my best bargain find
the lovliest vintage leather luggage holdall 

To take everything HOME in! 









Complete with an old hotel left luggage store ticket
I wondered what story this bag has to tell, who it belonged to, where it travelled to...

Well this must be my longest post ever...
I hope you like what I found.




~x~



7 comments:

  1. Awesome finds!!
    It is hard for me to resist a loppis.
    Sweden has the coolest things second hand.
    Like the new store blog, too, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds Julie, love the tins.
    Have a great week.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! Thank you so much för visit my blog, nice to see that you find som good old loppisstuff, loppis is the best fun ever here in Sweden you can really find so much nice things to really bargainprices. Hope you have a nice stay at your sommarstuga (summerhouse)
    Hugs from Annica.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds!! They will fit in nicely in your home and summerhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes really nice finds! I can't wait to come to all the aucktions and loppis this summer! Me and Fredrik love the brown holdel! So lucky! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a great weekend of vintage finds too - maybe it was the weather?! I love your pillowcases, really beautiful and monogrammed too - Perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete