I have never written 2 post's on the same day... but there is always a first time.
The current chilly temperatures here in Sweden have left me wondering whether the volcanic ash, has anything to do with stealing our spring. What do you think?
We had a downpour of rain between 2pm - 3pm this afternoon and then promptly at 4pm they skies spat out Hail Stones or Hell Stones, as my youngest used to call them.
The weather is soo grey and cold, the type that calls for pure COMFORT food.
A big pot of Swedish 'Rice Pudding' Risgrynsgröt..
This is another first, having never made Risgrynsgröt before.
I Promptly got out my very ancient, but treasured, cook book, which I purchased from EBAY 3 years ago when we first bought the sommer hus.
The book is called 'Cooking the Scandinavian way' by Elna Adlerbert (1961)
Here is the book with the recipe
We serve it with mixed brown sugar and cinnamon YUM!
And in Sweden... milk poured over the top
Here is Sonshine enjoying
AND
Little J ... OVERDOSING on cinnamon & sugar!





I just love how you take on Swedish traditions! Even though I don't like porridge... Swedish schools have a tendansy to spoil porridge when they serve it every other week, and I still, after more then 13 years, haven't learned to like it again :) But I'm glad you do!
ReplyDeleteTake care! kram Annika
Hej Annika
ReplyDeleteThanks for the lovely comment.
We have always loved the English 'Rice Pudding' my grandfather (Yes my grandfather) he used to bake it in the oven, with loads or sugar cream and milk and serve it with fresh grated Nutmeg...not sure what that is called in Svenska. Soo it was very easy for us to fall in love with your Swedish version infact we loove it even more with KANEL! Yum yummy...perhaps you will get the taste back for it...if your passing come and share some with us WELCOME :-)) X
Hej Julie,
ReplyDeleteI don't know if my last comment posted or not. I think I clicked out of the window before it could load. So let me try again.
It's very cold here too. No ash however. One day it is 9 degrees F and the next it's 50 degrees F. Maybe I should make some porridge too. Stay warm.
oh soooo yummy! I LOVE this... :o)
ReplyDelete