Thursday, 27 May 2010

APRON SWAP 2010



This is the 1st swop I have ever particpated in...
The Great Apron Swop 2010

Exciting and scarey at the same time... 
My swop partner, the lovely Fran is quite an expert crafter. HELP!
She has sewn and made some wonderful things!
Fran lives in Sydney, Australia.
Check out her great blog and have a look at the lovely things she has made
 Lovely Little Sweet Peas

The actual apron was bought from my local St Eriks Hjalpen charity/thrift shop (unfortunately, my sewing skills are not capable of following a pattern)
I have been busy crafting today embellishing the apron and will do so again tomorrow.
I hope to have the apron finished and posted out to Fran by Monday.
Once I know Fran has it safely, I will show you 'The Apron' as I don't want to spoil the element of surprise.

In the meantime I thought I might show you some other aprons


Vintage  Retro Swedish


And this is a really interesting link to my artist friend Julia Dennis and her aprons.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I got two fabulous aprons for my birthday. One of them was made for me by a friend and my mom found the other at a little Frenchy boutique. I love them both. Wearing an apron makes baking so much more fun, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete