Monday, 13 June 2011

THE BARN






Wood stacked like this is so visually pleasing
 and tactile isn't it?

It's drying nicely inside the woodstore


Chopping Block



Sawing Block

They come with the territory...



The barn is painted with a special paint that is synonymous with Sweden & 'little red houses'

The paint is called Falu Rödfärg
pronounced Fah-loo

It is a very old traditionnal paint made from water, rye flour, linseed oil and residue from the copper mines of Falun

You can read all about here

It is available to buy in the UK now


Useful wood to make lots of different things with...


And another one half-full
Some of the planes of wood are whole trees!



Look what I just spied



Found these on Friday underneath another part of the barn


I LOVE the barn it just keeps on giving & inspiring!

10 comments:

  1. That is a serious load of wood!!!!!!

    Loving the crates, always nice to spot an unexpected lovely find!!!!!

    Have a super day my lovely!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that red colour of the barn. Such a rich and inviting colour.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow now this is hard work Momma I have been doing quite a bit lately of wood stacking and I'm looking at your pile thinking wow!
    I just painted over my little red store with green paint I love the red color but your red is better because its in Sweden.....someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures and so nicely Swedish with that Falu red! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I would love a little red barn, just beautiful and oh so Swedish and inspiring xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juli,

    I like the red colour of your barn. It is very pretty. Hope you had a nice Pentecost? It was a bit wet in Holland, but in between the showers we were able to spent some time outside :-)

    Happy new week!

    Lieve groet, Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our red houses are really a swedish thing.

    I will be painting a lot of it this summer :).

    Kram Cia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastisk :) I like!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wood looks beautiful, it makes it's own sculpture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love that color red, and the fact that it is made with natural ingredients makes it all the more special.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete