Monday, 25 October 2010

OLD FAMILIAR PLACES ...



We are all back at Number 29
It's our family home in London
For the past year, tenants have been living here... up until last Thursday
It's strange to all be under the same roof once again...
We have a buyer for the house.

My emotions have been all over the place
My 3 children have lived here all their life
Little J was born at home here in the front bedroom, almost 13 years ago.

The last few days have been spent with my daughter clearing the attic loft
Baby clothes and blankets, first shoes, their favourite toys, play school works of art, school books...the collective minutiae of life

There have been some tears as we travel down memory lane, re-calling fond memories, the things we did together, the happy days in the garden, past birthdays and christmas and new year parties...
Friends, neighbours and family.

It's been a positive journey.
At the end of the day it's just bricks and mortor.

It was our family home...

Our Home
 is wherever our family is together.


Thank you to everyone who joined in Tuesday Through...The window last week.
I have visited all your blogs and seen your great views but have had no time to leave comments, as yet.

  I am hoping to upload all the photo's tonight sometime...
My apologies...
Tomorrow is the last Tuesday Through... The Window
I hope you can join in once again, and anyone who hasn't yet, please do!



11 comments:

  1. It's such an emotional turmoil selling up, isn't it?

    Here's to the next chapter in your life.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transitions can sometimes be difficult. Just remember, that no one can take away the memories created whilst living there. You will always keep those close to your heart. Have a wonderful week, and I'm sure things will look brighter!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn`t it amazing how the years roll back when you find those teensy,tiny shoes and babygro`s up in the attic!It was so heartwrenching getting rid of them all....but wait, what`s that I spy under my bed??!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, sounds like you really have been down memory lane. It's always so strange when you sell a family home. I still can't drive past my parents old house! I hope your enjoying being in England and I'm sure a little shopping may have been done to.
    Love your through the window post sorry I missed out on joining in.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie - I am trying to link on to `Tuesday Through the Window` but when I put my URL in, it leads to a Japanese blogger who is very definitely not me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put my flat on the market last week, it is very much an emotional time. I've only lived here 18 months but will be very sad to see it go even though the move is in order to move in with my partner.
    Oh, and I just love your blog :) I am not a new follower but I think it is the first time I have commented; I have been a lurker so far!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts! I'm finally ready with my window :-) I'll publish the link as soon as you are ready.

    Have a nice day in London!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am crying over that one Julie! Such sweet memories, a life built together. I am sad it's the last Tuesday through the window boohoo. I've had so much fun with it. Can't wait for your next brilliant idea.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find it traumatic sorting out the cutlery drawer so you indeed have every sympathy! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I bet you have been on a rollercoaster of emotions. I find it hard to go past my grandparents houses if I am ever in the area. Funnily, I don't have those same memories for my past house, or probably even when I leave the one I am in. I adore the memories of family, but I have no real love for the houses themselves, so I think I can let go easily as long as people memories are in my head to take with me everywhere.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took a long time for us to clean out our home, a lots of memories. So I can understand your feelings. I hope you time in London still will be good.

    Love Cia

    ReplyDelete