Monday, 30 August 2010

GOOD BYE SUMMER...HELLO AUTUMN


Home Alone Today
I lit my favourite Fairy Toadstool Candle...
and COOKED

Here in Sweden the seasons are short. 
 Already, soo quickly we have said Goodbye to summer...

Hello Autumn :-)

I soo do love Autumn.
  Crisp, breezy walks in the forest with our dog Stanley and the boys cycling infront, behind and everywhere.
 Open fires and the smell of woodsmoke, candle lit evenings.
Hot Chocolate and warm blankets to snuggle under on the sofa...

Yes :-)
 Hello Autumn


I so do love Autumn
And the activity of hunting out Autumns bounty.
 Picking  berries and fruits and mushrooms especially.


Kantarells


Svartvinbar


Soon to be ... Jam


Home-made Bread







And of course EATING  & ENJOYING this real, hearty, nourishing food...



Pan-fried Mushrooms on a slab of toasted bread

Apple Crumble ...for the boys!

What is your favourite season?

LOVE, PEACE enJOY!


10 comments:

  1. I love love Autumn. Lovely post...mmmmm apple crumble..delish!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do so love this post! I have been making crumbles and cassoulets and embracing Autumn too - love it. Loving your toadstool candle! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops! Fern Construction is me, Jo @ brown paper & string! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Julie , i like Autumn too , it is not so warm here in WALES either. I love making stews etc in my slow cooking , dark nights , warm baths and settling down by the fireside . As for apple crumble , one of my favourite dishes XX yum yum Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stumbled across your site ... I love it! We lived in Alaska for over 15 years and looked to the Swedish style for inspiration to survive the long winters. I love the simple, cozy decor with splashes of ReD!! So happy when all is dark & 40 below... :0)
    I am now in Washington where winter does not come so fast.. time to breath.
    peace & sunshine........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is my favorite.
    After the fast pace of summer I love the calmness of autumn.
    I also love the calmness of your blog after a busy day.
    Your home is so warm and beautiful.
    Your friend, Camille

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Julie! what a lovely post sooo atmospheric, Steve is back from Sweden with great tales of crayfish parties and the last bbq in the summerhouse,sigh! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Autumn as well - thanks for these warm shots! I love putting on some wool in the mornings now!
    Coming to you thru Vintage Swap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sommaren är kort, men jag älskar din bilder som har fångat den mysiga känslan av höst!

    Anna x Ha en riktigt skön helg!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice home you got , I love all the wonderful cute mushrooms in your home

    ReplyDelete