Saturday, 28 August 2010

AN AFTERNOON of FIKA & KANTARELLS



This afternoon at 2pm we arrived at our neighbours house for

This is the feast of cakes and biscuits they had made
Mums (yum yum)


We spent a delightful afternoon.

On the way home my big boy 'Sonshine' excitedly spotted these growing...


He quickly cycled back with a basket to pick them...
And took these brilliant photo's himself 





Kanterells

We need one of these...


Mushroom Brush

I bought this at the Nordiska Museet in Stockholm last week...
We got to use for the 1st time today, to gently clean off the dirt and grit from the gills



Loppis Fynd!

I knew it would come in handy.  

7 comments:

  1. Oh what a lovely lovely day and basket!!!
    I love mushrooms but hubby hates them, sad face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! what a resourceful son, their thoughts are never very far away from the next mealtime are they!! jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your lovely blog :) Please visit me!
    Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så gott det ser ut! Ja jag hittade hattasken i Söräng. Kanske vi kan ta en fika framöver?
    Kram Anki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julie,
    Oh, the FIKA looks wonderful, it's like our German "Kaffee & Kuchen", I LOVE tea or coffee time something sweet. The mushrooms are great! Yesterday I picked elderberries and blackberries and made some yummy jam, delicious!
    Have a wonderful Sunday!
    xo, Britta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Julie, I have just visited via Heather and I have enjoyed your blog so much,love the porch and the flowers and the Mushies.Thank you for sharing your life.I will be back.Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this is my first visit to your lovely blog. I'm glad I arrived. Such yummy baked goodies were served at the Fika. I think you have a future photographer on your hands...your son's various shots of the mushrooms were wonderful. Have a wonderful week.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete