Today I am joining and linking in with
my lovely blogging friend Valarie
my lovely blogging friend Valarie
She came up with a great idea
The 'What's for lunch project?'
This is a really, wholesome lunch/supper meal
It's perfect to make in small or large quantities
and no weighing involved just throw it together
I call it
Cranberry Pesto Penne
Into a big pot boil 500g of Pasta Penne until al dente
Drain pasta, put back into pot
Stir through a 2/3 tablespoons or more of Olive Oil
Stir through 2 heaped tablespoons of Pesto
Stir through A BIG handful of dried cranberries
Sprinkle over some Pine nuts
To taste
Milled Black Pepper/Sea Salt
Parmeasan Cheese Shavings
Garnish/Serve with a Mixed Salad Leaves
This recipe was inspired by a pasta dish that I ate in
Vapiano
It is a restaurant/bar on Kungsgatan in Stockholm
It's conveniently situated right next to Centralan train station
and the City Terminalen bus station.
I eat here often with my daughter and sons.
I thoroughly recommend it.
Wholesome, hearty, freshly cooked pasta dishes with daily specials
Good value for money.
Buzzing atmosphere.
LOVE PEACE enJOY!
What are you having for lunch?
The 'What's for lunch project?'
This is a really, wholesome lunch/supper meal
It's perfect to make in small or large quantities
and no weighing involved just throw it together
I call it
Cranberry Pesto Penne
Into a big pot boil 500g of Pasta Penne until al dente
Drain pasta, put back into pot
Stir through a 2/3 tablespoons or more of Olive Oil
Stir through 2 heaped tablespoons of Pesto
Stir through A BIG handful of dried cranberries
Sprinkle over some Pine nuts
To taste
Milled Black Pepper/Sea Salt
Parmeasan Cheese Shavings
Garnish/Serve with a Mixed Salad Leaves
This recipe was inspired by a pasta dish that I ate in
Vapiano
It is a restaurant/bar on Kungsgatan in Stockholm
It's conveniently situated right next to Centralan train station
and the City Terminalen bus station.
I eat here often with my daughter and sons.
I thoroughly recommend it.
Wholesome, hearty, freshly cooked pasta dishes with daily specials
Good value for money.
Buzzing atmosphere.
LOVE PEACE enJOY!
What are you having for lunch?






Wow that looks and sounds beautiful. Thank you for sharing I will pop over and visit A Place Like This... Cheers SpecialK XoXo
ReplyDeleteHej Special K
DeleteHope you play along too ;-)
LOVE PEACE enJOY!
Julie
x
mmmm i love pesto with pasta x
ReplyDeleteHej Lisa
DeleteHave you tried it in a Sandwich?
Spread some bread or roll with Pesto like you would butter
add a layer of sliced Mozzarello and sliced tomatoes...
I often use halved Mozzarello balls as i always have a tub of them in my fridge, my youngest eats them like sweets and halved cherry tomatoes too!
It's delicious!
x
Love pesto anything....and in pasta perfection.....yum!
ReplyDeleteHej Heidi
DeletePesto here...pesto there...pesto anywhere.
LOVE it!
x
You forgot to tell us what time to come for lunch lol..my lunch sometimes in a non existent meal that I plan to have but am still stuck at work so it it often a peach or something that can be eaten whilst driving on a very rough road..often it is just crackers and cheese as our night meal is our main meal...
ReplyDeleteHej!
DeleteVALKOMMEN at Swedish House anytime ;-0)
This is delicious cold too the next day. It's perfect to throw into a tupperware lunch/sandwich box, just dig your fork in and eat. But I understand it's difficult when your on the road...
Makes a great evening meal too!
i LOVE juicy peaches and BRIE cheese with a hunk of french bread is another favourite oh and don't forget the grapes...
Have a great week ahead
LOVE PEACE enJOY!
Julie
x
Hi Julie,
ReplyDeleteYour lunch sounds delicious! The cranberries in the recipe made me smile. It sounds a bit strange, but I am always interested in trying out some new things :-)
Happy new week!
Madelief x
Hej Madelief
Deletei know I thought the same...but it adds a very subtle sweetness to the dish...but my 16 year old son LOVES them and there are never enough cranberries mixed in for him...so it just grabs from the packet and sprinkles more on his dish...just add to your liking...experiment...let me know how you liked ;-)
LOVE PEACE enJOY! yum yum
Julie
x
Looks delicious Julie! I love pasta and pesto:)
ReplyDeleteI had a boring lunch today, just a cup of tea amd a sandwich;)
Have a nice Valentines Day!
hugs, Jenny