I've only just started using my account in the last few weeks...
Inspired by many lovely bloggers who have Pinterest accounts
Inspired by many lovely bloggers who have Pinterest accounts
But what I have been reading scares me
So as simple as 1 2 3
I pressed DELETE
Here are some links to articles and other blogs
so you can make an informed choice
BILL OF RIGHTS for all creative people
Business Insider
Fiona and Twig
Yvestown Blog
UPDATE
I have just discovered the following today
so you can make an informed choice
BILL OF RIGHTS for all creative people
Business Insider
Fiona and Twig
Yvestown Blog
UPDATE
I have just discovered the following today
If that’s not enough, Pinterest CEO and co-founder Ben Silbermann has completely deleted his boards: http://pinterest.com/ben/ even though he was named #2 in a list of 21 must follow Pinterest users on mashable.com.
Why?






I deleted my account last week as well. It just didn't feel right...
ReplyDeleteIt just didn't sit right with me too...
DeleteGlad we're on the same wave length
Kram
Hmmm.. I have been reading but not totally sure what the fuss is about. It's just like bookmarking in a visual format as long as the pics are linked and commented on which I will go spend a day checking. xx
ReplyDeleteI've only just started on Pinterest, I'm not sure i know what's going on. I only started a board when I saw pictures from my blog on there & wondered how it worked, I'm off to see what the controversy is about..thatnks for bringing it to my attention x
ReplyDeleteJust joined you and love the blog - especially all your lovely quotations xx
ReplyDeleteFunny, after spending lots of time this morn adding the pin it button to my posts I suddenly decided nah, I'm out of here and deleted my account.
ReplyDeleteI specifically give permission to pin images on my blog because I don't mind but really to be legally safe you would have to have permission of EVERYONE'S image in written form to save yourself if they decided to sue. I mean who reads the specific of if they are commented on etc and you are not safe just because everyone else is doing it all within the pinterest format.
I figure the whole thing is legally murky so what's the point?
Ali x
I still have a couple of boards on Pinterest, but to be honest it holds very little interest for me, so after reading that the CEO has deleted his boards I think I'll leave it completely. Thanks for the heads up on that one!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend,
Victoria x
I have only just signed up Julie. Maybe I should check out what this is all about. Thanks for the heads up and have a great weekend, Stephie x
ReplyDeleteHi Hon, I agree with you. I only opened my account a short time ago, but was so dissapointed by the blatent lack of proctection for people's creative work. Its a shame, as it is such a lovely place to lose yourself in admiring gorgeous things! Perhaps if pinterest stepped up their protection for people and made the images watermarked etc. with the owners details...not sure! Have a good week hon. Becks xxx
ReplyDelete