Friday, 5 February 2010

7 THINGS ABOUT ME...I've been TAGGED

Well this is a first for me, and a bit strange, but I understand that this is quite common in blogger land.  I have been 'tagged' by my lovely blogger friend Britta, to share '7 things about me'.    I follow Britta's blog religiously and I must say, that it is a really unique, devine informative interiors blog.  Britta's photo's and information are always soo inspiring to me, take a look for yourself at http://myblackbook.free.fr/

UPDATE: I have just today  26/04/10 been given a blog awardLove to Craft from the lovely Jill, please check out her blog 
Soo here goes...

7 Things about me...

1) I am ?? years YOUNG! Married for many 2 score years + I am blessed with 3 children, a grown up daughter and 2 teenage sons, who are all soo different, totally individual and drive me absolutely crazy sometimes but  I am extremely proud of them.

                        And Stanley...our 2 year old Mini-Schnauzer.
 

2) For almost 3 years we have had a 'Sommer House' in Sweden.  My husband lost is job 1 year ago.  We rented our house in London and he moved to Sweden...


                                               'Sommer House'


House in London
                     

    

                  In October he moved into a beautiful Winter Villa.


I love to decorate in typical Scandinavian style especially LANTLIV (Country Style) http://www.simplyswedishvintage.blogspot.com/

                I have great fun searching for vintage 'Loppis' finds.


3) Before I married and had children, I was a Business/Retail Travel Agent  for the top companies and airlines, mentioning no names ;-)

4) After I was married and had children I taught primary school french in fun afterschool clubs and within schools and nurseries http://www.leclubfrancais.co.uk/

5) When all my 3 children were settled in school,  I commenced and completed an ACCESS course to Nursing and Midwifery.  After this I commenced my studies as a mature student at  CITY UNIVERSITY, London http://www.cityuniversitylondon.co.uk/ .   I studied for a BSc ( Hons.) Midwifery at ST BARTHOLOMEWS SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY.  I was a student midwife at 2 major London teaching Hospitals. 






Unfortunately, after 3  and half years full-time studies, 26 births and half of my 10,000 word dissertation written and only 6 months to qualify...I chose not to qualify...for many reasons...it was a long journey...BUT one I wouldn't change.  It was an absolute priviledge, to be a part of soo many women's and families lives.




6) The person I have the most respect and admiration for is MY LOVELY DAD who was/is a London Black Cab Taxi-driver and is the full-time carer to MY BEAUTIFUL MUM whom I really really love.  Sadly she has ALZHEIMERS DISEASE http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/  a very cruel and debilitating disease for someone soo young :( . 

Both my lovely Mum and handsome Dad have shown me and taught me about love, respect and kindness.


Mum's 60th
(4 years ago)

7)  You have to have a dream...My dream is to open an ENGLISH TEA ROOM in a magnificent 19th century  RATTVIK barn. Watch this space!






I hope I haven't bored you too much...So now IN TURN I would love to know more about my followers
who both have left me encouraging comments and are both very talented creative ladies check out their
fab blogs
and to my two new friends  and swedish blogging buddies Anki, and Cia respectively
  who have both made me feel very welcome.

Thanks for listening .


NB
Newly nominated/tagged blogs





~x~

3 comments:

  1. hi julie
    thank you for adding my blog to your post....2 coincidences....both my children were born at newham hospital and my dad was a black cab driver...how about that!
    so sorry about your mum....she is so young to have this cruel disease....ella x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie
    Thank you for this lovely award.
    I will Post my 7 things soon.
    Love your winter house, I would love to visit sweeden, it intregues me.
    Luv Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Julie,
    I am so happy that you did it and the "7 things about you" are so interesting, I learnt a lot of new things about you.
    Many thanks for your compliments concerning my blog, I am flattered.
    Have a great day!
    xo
    Britta

    ReplyDelete