YAY!
I'm hooked!
I did it!
I love my granny...
my first crochet Granny Square!
my first crochet Granny Square!
And then I did another one in the reverse...
And then a slightly BIGGER one!
I am soo absolutely, blooming pleased with myself!
(HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE)
(HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE)
I understand completely, totally, the thrill of it!
When lovely, inspiring people like Lucy from Attic24 and
When lovely, inspiring people like Lucy from Attic24 and
I know, I know, I know, that feeling.
I think I'm addicted to my Grannies!
NEXT
I am going to try and crochet the lovely bag
from Tutorial given by Attic24.
Soo that I can store some yarn and hooks...
I'm in it for the long-haul...
Nana GOGO has just made one too!
It's beautiful.
I recently remembered that I had bought a Crochet Pattern book off Ebay a long time ago and hunted it out
I am still very confused with regards to the type of yarn
to use and crochet hook size
Any suggestions and guidance would be gratefully received.
I found a 5.5mm hook for 10k in my local charity shop
And some bright DK cotton yarn in a local supermarket.
And soo this is what I have been using...
This is lovely to crochet with compared to the acrylic wool I first started to chain and practice with...
That made my hands sweat and the wool strands split so it made it quite difficult.
Is DK Cotton the best thing to use or Aran Wool?
What hook size is generally used?
Can anyone recommend anymore crochet websites/blogs
Especially and an on-line place to purchase lovely yarn that could be sent abroad if necessary?
HAPPY CROCHERING!
NEXT
I am going to try and crochet the lovely bag
from Tutorial given by Attic24.
Soo that I can store some yarn and hooks...
I'm in it for the long-haul...
Nana GOGO has just made one too!
It's beautiful.
I recently remembered that I had bought a Crochet Pattern book off Ebay a long time ago and hunted it out
It had really clear concise...idiot proof instructions for me
I am still very confused with regards to the type of yarn
to use and crochet hook size
Any suggestions and guidance would be gratefully received.
I found a 5.5mm hook for 10k in my local charity shop
And some bright DK cotton yarn in a local supermarket.
And soo this is what I have been using...
This is lovely to crochet with compared to the acrylic wool I first started to chain and practice with...
That made my hands sweat and the wool strands split so it made it quite difficult.
Is DK Cotton the best thing to use or Aran Wool?
What hook size is generally used?
Can anyone recommend anymore crochet websites/blogs
Especially and an on-line place to purchase lovely yarn that could be sent abroad if necessary?
HAPPY CROCHERING!
~x~






Thank you for the idiot proof directions you knew I was going to look ...thanks.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't I get this . Have a great day!
Julie - I`ve just posted the biggest comment ever over on the Apron Post - duh!I didn`t realise you had posted today!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the mention and great news that you`re going to tackle the bag next - I used Stylecraft Special DK which is an acrylic yarn and I found it really good to work with - not at all `nylony` like some cheaper yarns. It also comes in lots of lovely contemporary colours which I love.I also used a size 4.5mm hook but have a look on Attic`s instructions and see what she would recommend. I`m no expert compared to her!She is the QUEEN of CROCHET!Ravelry.com is great for free patterns and tips and tutorials - Attic`s over there as well with a gazillion followers!I love your grannies - especially your colour combinations - keep going!
Your crocheting looks great!! I hope to take up crocheting too one of these days.
ReplyDeletelovely crochet and colours...well done. i would use a smaller hook with that yarn. 3.5 or 4 with a dk or cotton dk. if you are hooked and i guess you are....invest in these couple of sizes.
ReplyDeleteI wanna make grannies! They look great!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie! I'm so proud of you! You'll never look back now. It's so great that we have so many really good resources to turn to here on blogland. When it comes to yarn weights and hook sizes, I tend to just go with whatever fancy takes me. Cotton can be a bit splitty but that doesn't bother me much to be honest, as you can see from my current Ripple project. Looking forward to seeing your bag! Lots of love, Amanda xxx
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely colours you're using...and those squares are so even and neat I can hardly believe you've never crocheted before!
ReplyDeleteAs for yarn weights and hook sizes - I usually make a few samples with different hook sizes and then go with whatever I like the best. I'm sure you can find some guidance on the internet somewhere though about yarn weight and hook size.
How pretty! Makes me wish I knew how to crochet, but I'm still trying to muddle through knitting :)
ReplyDeleteYarn/hook question - When you buy yarn, the label usually includes what size knitting needles AND crochet hook are best for that yarn weight. Also, a great book for learning to knit & crochet: Maran Illustrated Knitting and Crocheting by maranGraphics Development Group. I bought mine on Amazon, so think shipping would be OK for you.