Friday, 18 December 2009

THE KITCHEN WINDOW...






KALLT OCH VAKRE!
Cold and Beautiful!


As I sit writing this the temperature currently stands at MINUS -33.2!!! Unbelievable, but TRUE! And you think you are cold in England. Lol!! Actually, I believe that it feels colder in England.

Here in Sweden, it's strange, the snow is like fine dry flour, and settles perfectly, crisp and beautiful   It never feels damp and icy wet and cold, that it chills you to your bones, like it makes me feel in England.






However, it was soo cold today, that I could feel the small fine hairs lining the inside of my nostrils freeze and my eyelashes stick, for a nano of a second as I blinked, watching in the air, the frost particles, visibly  twinkling and dancing in front of my eyes.   That was at about 11.30 am this morning.  Temperatures have steadily plummeted all afternoon.  When it hit -30 early evening... Jon, who is absolutely mad was trying to tempt me outside to 'breathe in' and experience this extreme temperature!! RIGHT ON...

I was also amazed that our Volvo cruised along as if it had experienced sub zero temperatures every day of it's life.  When the temperature hit about -21 on Wednesday afternoon.  We decided then was the time to put the car in the garage.  And I can't believe it starts 1st time!

Forecast for the weekend is warmer temperatures of -7 Ahhhh lovely and more SNO!!!

Early rise and shine again tomorrow to buy our FAMILY SKI PASS for our local ski-slope.  The slopes are a 30 minute drive to town.  Slopes are open 10am Christmas Day 25th December!!!  Yipee!




No comments:

Post a Comment