Christmas will soon be upon us and I am always a last minute Lil. I thought I had better HURRY UP and get baking! Swedish baking to be precise!
I have just discoverd a really good blog with simple, traditional Swedish recipes and more...The blog is in both English and Swedish which is fantastic for me. Here are the links http://www.annesfood.blogspot.com/
and http://www.annesmat.blogspot.com/
I will try a few of the dishes especially for our traditional Swedish Julbord (Christmas buffet) I will try and make Jul Skinka (Christmas Ham) Jansen's Temptation (Potato and Onion dish) AND Grot (Rice Porridge).
Swedish Pepparkakor (Ginger Thins) are eaten in vast quantities, especially during the Christmas period. Yesterday I made a large quantity of dough, which keeps well in the fridge, until you are ready to cut into shapes and bake. The boys are going to cut out and bake this evening.
OOh and I almost forgot... Today is the last Sunday in Advent. The Fourth.
Har en bra Fyarde Advent!





No comments:
Post a Comment