Saturday, 5 November 2011

CALM & COSY CANDLE LIGHT


I arrived back from London to Stockholm on Thursday
Spent an evening with my beautiful big girly
 and then headed back to

Home Swede Home


Although I am not quiet sure which one is home now...

Since middle of August we have been living in our pied a terre
It sounds grand... but it's not.

It's a 70m square apartment in town
 that we live in during the week...

We do this so that our eldest son doesn't have to commute 1 hour each way to the Gymnasiet, that he attends in town.

We were very happy that he was offered and accepted
 a place on the
 International Baccleaureate programme (IB)
In Scandinavia it is a 3 year programme
The first year is pre-IB

Anyhow I digress

This morning we left town and headed to our Yellow House in the middle of nowhere

It's so mild here in Sweden we are enjoying a loooong Autumn too.
No snow...yet!

But it didn't stop me getting cosy and enjoying lighting my candles


Have a wonderful weekend!
Ha en trevlig helg !

11 comments:

  1. Children are one of lifes truth blessing ;-) Enjoy your sunday, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to have to split between two places, especially in the winter when one wants to NEST :-} Your son sounds amazing.
    I used to have a knack for gymnastics too, seems like another life now.

    HUGS Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good that your son is taking the IB! My husband (until we moved to this school) has been both an IB- coordinator, and an accreditation team member and a teacher of course. An excellent program! :-)
    In fact, he worked at the IB school in Sigtuna, SSHL! (in the early 90's, ages ago...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julie,

    It must be strange having two houses to live in. Your apartment looks very cosy! Your son is very lucky to have such sweet parents.

    Have a lovely new week,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty photograph. The candles lit at dusk....such a calming time of day. A perfect combination, dusk and candle light.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine your home being so warm and cosy! Love the fairy lights. Need to put mine up soon. Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely Julie. Congrats to your son too - you are such good parents to do that for him.

    Hugs, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have just 'found' your blog from Happy Homemaker UK, what an interesting, pretty blog! And another expat? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too find candles very relaxing, wow congrats on your son. What a beautiful Mother you are it's these special moments that fill our life with love from our children. Have a wonderful day my friend.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so cosy! I live in Ireland for 12 years before I moved to Denamrk and the one thing I missed the most from Sweden, apart from Swedish new potatoes, was the snow!
    Trevlig helg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Julie,

    I enjoyed hearing from you again! It's been too long :-) I miss your posts!

    I am happy your holiday in Majorca did you well. It's important to take a rest now and then, give your feelings a place in your heart and regain energy. I must be so hard being sad and supporting your dad at the same time. It's a good thing he is coming over to Sweden for Christmas. You will give each other strength!

    How is your teashop doing? I hope all is well and you are still enjoying it!

    Take care Julie!

    Veel liefs and a big hug,

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete