Wednesday, 22 April 2009

THE ELK

As I took my seat in the back of the car, I knew this was going to be a magical journey to our little red cabin in the desolate but enchanting forest's of Sweden. I buckled up and braced myself. My Dad put the car in 1st gear. This was it. As I looked out the window I saw no people, but a million trees. It was if every person in London was replaced by a huge conifer tree. Also, in the far distance I could just manage to gaze upon a few tiny mountains. It was like sugar to my eyes. There was one main river that seemed to follow us, like a long, winding, snake. But this didn't bother me as it was another great addition to this everlasting journey. As the sun shined down it, glistened back. It was as if the river was not inhabited by fish, but shiny gold. It was like being in heaven. There was an hour left of the journey and all I could see was giant trees that seemed to stand tall and proud as if they were the kings of this vast wilderness. But there was only one king, and that I was the great Elk. A beast of an animal, twice the size of a horse. Antlers as hard as rock, capable of bring down the great Brown Bear. And to my amazement, I saw it. The Elk.


(A piece of descriptive writing by our Son aged 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment