My lounge is full to the brim of all my treasures (ebay buys and charity shop finds...) .
BIG J and I spent a couple of hours on Saturday morning, after taking the dog for a walk at 7.30am, emptying the loft of these treasures. The cardboard packing cases had been delivered on Friday in preparation, for me to start packing into boxes for BIG J to take to Sweden in the van on 12th April. Saturday I completed 5 boxes, including inventory of each box (for customs) this afternoon I have managed another 3 boxes and inventories.
It has been a pure delight not a chore doing this, as some of the purchases were made more than a year ago, and it's been like birthday and christmas all rolled into one, discovering what is hidden beneath the paper and bubblewrap. It's of little interest to my hubby he just gives me that little wry smile and walks away as I ooh and aah over an enamel coffee pot or a crisp red checked tea cloth! Most of my goodies are vintage, pretty nordic style linens and various items of kitchenalia, all very pleasing to the eye and practical and will be well used in our new holiday abode.
Oh well better get back to the joys of packing....





No comments:
Post a Comment