Another day in our little 'Swedish Paradise'. Glorious! Summer has well and truely arrived and much of the whole of Sweden is experiencing a heat-wave. 30-35 degrees today. So Jon and I began work early when it was cooooool. Jon replaced the old rotten wooden ladder with a nice metal one, but he was like a 'cat on a hot tin roof' quite literally, and I nervously waited below just in case, mobile ready to dial 112. He then renewed the facia on the back of the house, painted it white and then ran knew white guttering all along... he doesn't hang about. He then proceeded to barrow loads of chopped logs to our now extended woodstore. We had 20 cubic metres which I understand to be about 20 tonnes, delivered. ENOUGH to keep us warm during the Swedish Winter, just about. The Wood burner will be doing overtime!
My day, however, took a more leisurely pace, whilst I watched paint dry...again quite literally!
And that's way I'm sitting here uploading/storing photo's and typing my blogg and my hero, bless him, has been tucked up in bed for the last hour sound asleep.
'Loppis' means second-hand in Swedish and I was fortunate to find ROSTE where our now dear Swedish friends Bernt and Ingrid sell lots of fantastic old swedish furniture, alongside bric-a-brac and garden and vegetable plants they grow themselves. We called in yesterday to collect one of the 'stripped' chest drawers that I had bought and paid for in May.
It really is a lovely piece of furniture heavy, solid pitched pine and I hesitated to paint it...
I couldn't decide Gustavian Grey? or All White? Flicked through my 'Traditional Swedish' book and just decided to do what came naturally, I wanted an aged effect, shabby, well loved and used.
So out came the paints ...
It's almost finished but not quite... Tomorrow?
Oh! I almost forgot the two boys went...yep fishing AGAIN! And youngest fisherman son caught tomorrow's dinner a FANTASTIC! SUPER DUPER! Sea Trout (Oring) and eldest fisherman son is going to COOK it!!!! And yes it's already gutted... super efficient tired hubby did that LOL!
Thankful for another day in Paradise :)





No comments:
Post a Comment